A vacancy has arisen for the post of Deputy Parish Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer (RFO) at Sandgate Parish Council.
The Deputy Clerk will be providing support to the Parish Clerk and Librarian and is one of the main points of contact for Sandgate residents.
The position is for 10 hours per week, to include Wednesday 9.30am-1.00pm – plus evening meetings. The salary is £13.40 per hour with a voluntary pension scheme.
The successful candidate will be entitled to 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Attending Parish Council meetings
- Preparation of Agendas and Minutes
- All Financial matters including preparation of financial statements for the Annual Audit
- Maintaining the Parish Council website
- Managing and interrogating the Parish CCTV
- Assisting the Parish Clerk/Librarian in running the parish library
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator, with the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of the team.
The Deputy Clerk will be the Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) and will be responsible for all financial records of the Council and the careful administration of its finances.
References and Enhanced DBS will be required prior to job offer.RFO-Deputy-Clerk-Job-Description-October-2023