Over the coming months, it is important that COVID and infection control continues to remain a priority.
Kent County Council has recently commissioned free COVID / infection safe training and advice. It’s available free for:
- sole traders with a Unique Tax Reference;
- small and microbusinesses registered via companies house;
- charitable organisations registered via the Charity Commission;
- not for profit organisations that operate in the KCC Local Authority area.
New Dates Available
After the success of the first round of Covid training sessions, a new series of free Kent Covid training sessions are now available to book. Each session lasts 3 hours are being held on 30th September, 4th October, 12th October, 30th October (all via Zoom) and 3rd November (Face to Face Training in Folkestone).
Courses assist eligible organisations to:
- Ensure a safe place of work.
- Ensure clean and safe equipment.
- Provide clear information, training and instruction, and supervision on how to manage infection control including COVID-19.
- Complete robust infection control risk assessments.
Social Enterprise Kent (SEK) are delivering the training. With 30+ years training experience, SEK say “we are committed to providing clients with the best possible service. We have a Trust Pilot Score of 4.7/5. Our trainers are passionate about what they do. We will work hard to ensure you, your employees and customers stay safe.”
The course is being delivered free of charge to eligible small businesses and organisations on behalf of Kent County Council.
For more information and to book a free place, please visit https://sektraining.org.uk/training-courses/kcc-covid-19-safe-training
– Legal regulations and responsibilities;
– Risk factors for infection;
– A look at the chain of infection and transmission;
– How to reduce infection risks;
– Why a risk assessment is essential;
– How to complete a risk assessment.
Each organisation will need to complete and return their completed Risk Assessment (one risk assessment required per organisation) within 7 working days of their training session.
After receipt of your completed risk assessment, you will receive a COVID-19 Safe Advice and Training for Small and Micro Business, Sole Traders and Not for Profit Organisations pack. The pack contains your certification of training, a booklet of useful information which contains useful links to free resources and a selection of posters to help keep you, your staff and customers safe.