Reporting Problems in Sandgate

Although Sandgate Parish Council is happy to try to help with sorting out issues in Sandgate, often we are not the ones who can actually get the problem sorted. In those instances, we need to pass it onto other agencies or Councils, such as Kent Police, Kent County Council and Folkestone and Hythe District Council. To help you report problems and get those issues resolved quickly we suggest reporting it directly to the right authority. We’ve complied the list below of many of the key services and places to report below.

If you would prefer to contact Sandgate Parish Council we are here to help, but a direct report to the correct authority may get a quicker response.

Kent Police

Phone 101 to report a non-urgent crime. Crime prevention advice can be found on our website: You can report a crime online at: or call 101 to report a non-urgent crime.

In case of emergency dial 999 for Police, Fire, Ambulance or Coastguard Services.

If you are deaf or speech impaired text Police and your message to 60066.

If you wish to contact Kent Police to report non-emergency issues, here are some useful online reporting websites or ring 101.

  • Report a dangerous dog that has either already attacked, or put a person in genuine fear for their safety or the safety of others. For non-urgent matters report it online to Kent Police or in an emergency call 999)

Kent Highways (Part of Kent County Council)

If a problem may cause an accident please call immediately on 03000 418181 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday or on 03000 419191 at all other times.

You can report all non-urgent issues online at their fault reporting address of including:

  • street light faults
  • potholes
  • drainage
  • traffic signal faults
  • overgrown vegetation (including hedges and grass).

Problems Kent Highways don’t manage

You need to contact:

To report any emergency issues outside of normal office hours (Monday – Friday, 9am till 5pm), please telephone 03000 41 91 91.

Kent County Council

Enquiries about Schools, Social Services, and Registering Births, Deaths and Weddings amongst others should go to Kent County Council.

Folkestone and Hythe District Council

To report issues locally on the Folkestone and Hythe District Council website you need to sign up to their MyAccount service. Registering is free, quick and simple and allows you to make use of the benefits of having all of your own information in one place. You can register in advance, or at the time of using the service, such as reporting a problem.

Having registered you can – amongst other things – report issues (and see updates on those reports), make a council tax payment and look at planning applications within a 500m radius of your registered property.

Report problems online to Folkestone and Hythe District Council:

Environment Agency

Report an environmental incident by calling the Environment Agency incident hotline on 0800 80 70 60 (24-hour service) or email to report:

  • damage or danger to the natural environment;
  • pollution to water or landpoaching or illegal fishing;
  • dead fish or fish gasping for air;
  • main rivers blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding;
  • flooding from any river, stream, canal, natural spring or the sea;
  • incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites;
  • illegal removals from watercourses;
  • unusual changes in river flow;
  • collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks.

Member of Parliament

Report your problems to Damian Collins MP

If you have a problem which may need consideration at national level, the local Member of Parliament for Folkestone and Hythe (including Sandgate) is Damian Collins MP.

To contact Damian Collins MP – go to his website at:

Consumer Direct

Consumer Direct is a telephone and online consumer advice service, supported by the Office of Fair Trading.

Consumer Direct Logo

Click here to access the website with details on reporting problems and contact numbers.